Event Coverage: FinDEVr 2017 New York
On March 22, Byte Academy partnered again with Finovate Group on the second annual FinDEVr New York. The conference, which is part of THE FinTech for developers event series, had been held solely on the West coast for years before its 2016 New York launch. Participating companies showcased new tools, platforms, APIs and/or case studies designed to help developers create better, more efficient innovations. Last year FinDEVr was held for one day. At two days, the conference was longer and larger – an indication that the FinTech developer community in New York is booming strong.
Couldn’t make it? We’ve included an excerpt from the Finovate blog of some favorite companies at the event followed by a video. Still itching? Sign up for FinDEVr’s first international event in London this June (use code ByteAcademyDEVr20 to receivers receive 20% off tickets).
- Favorite FinDEVr Debut – HackerOne for its bug bounty and vulnerability platform that leverages the talent of trusted hackers to improve the online security of organizations and institutions ranging from Twitter and Uber to Qualcomm and the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Favorite FinDEVr Alum – Quovo and SoFi for their partnership that shows how an easy-to-use authentication API provides security to accounts at more than 200+ FIs while improving and streamlining the user experience.
- Favorite Established Company – BlueMetal for its virtual agents, natural language processing, and conversational UX that transforms the nature of customer engagement in financial services.
- Favorite Startup Company – Modelshop for its analytic decision platform that enhances the loan origination, portfolio optimization, and fraud prevention processes for both FIs and consumers.
- Day One Attendee Favorite – MapD for its database and visualization layer that transforms Big Data into immersive, instantaneous, and actionable analytics.
- Day Two Attendee Favorite – Prevoty for its insight into the way embedded, runtime security enables cybersecurity professionals to provide an additional layer of defense against vulnerabilities and fraudulent behavior.
- Media Favorite – Vantiv for its cloud-based payment app that removes the complexity from financial transactions for both developers and merchants.