Python Fullstack Immersive
Mon - Fri, 10:00 am - 5:00pm
End: December 20, 2019
Mon - Fri, 10:00 am - 5:00pm
End: January 24, 2020
Our immersive course emphasizes the Python coding language, a backend language. We chose to focus on Python due to its speed and analytical capabilities, yet, simplicity. Python developers are sought out by companies including Google, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, BuzzFeed, and more. Many of which work with us to shape our curriculum.
The program is composed of three phases.
- Phase 1: four-week intensive learning experience dedicated to Python backend fundamentals.
- Phase 2: four weeks focused on Python frontend design and implementation
- Phase 3: six weeks developing two fullstack applications with project focuses available including data science, FinTech, and blockchain
The program facilitates an environment for teamwork and collaboration. Students create numerous projects which are part of a portfolio that they showcase to potential employers. Some students have the opportunity to work on projects to aid companies in the real world. Sample past projects include:
- MoneyMusic: music recommendation enginer which creates playlists based an a user’s Spotify library
- Botserver: allows businesses to interact with their community via artificial intelligence chatbots
- Medical Map: Proof of Concept for real MedTech startup
- PolitiPic: Predicts voter outcomes using facial recognition.
Our optional tracks allow students to focus on a desired industry through project work and industry mentors. These students also take our Python fullstack core technology curriculum.
With the Python being one of the most popular languages in the data sciences, students may choose a data science focus during the program. In addition to the core technology curriculum, students will dig deeper into topics such as data science libraries, machine learning, data acquisition, data analysis and more. Many go into roles such as data analyst, data engineer and data scientist upon completion of the course.
In our most popular industry track, students apply programming to the financial industry in order to graduate with the ability to build financial applications. Students work with APIs widely used in the financial industry. Ares of FinTech include: payments, insurance (InsurTech), robo-advisory, regulatory tech (RegTech) and more. Sample past student projects include:
- FlexInvest: crowdfunds Wall Street investments
- MarketTracker: graphs stock prices related to tweets
- Jade Lizard: options strategy to maximize returns
Throughout the program, our career services team works closely with students to help place them at a top company upon graduation. Please see Outcomes for details.
Question? Schedule a call with admissions
*Our courses start every month, for more upcoming start dates please see class calendar*