Top Five Reasons To Fall In Love With Programming
This Valentine’s Day we want to express our love for programming – we’ve narrowed it to our top five. We are particularly passionate for Python, the coding language which our full-stack curriculum emphasizes. It’s also used heavily in the data sciences, one of our courses we feel tingly about. Maybe once you learn some more about programming, you’ll fall in love too.
- It’s an in-demand, hot commodity – according to Business Insider, there are 13,198 open software engineering roles in the United States. According to Forbes, the Python programming is one of the technology skills showing biggest increases in-demand 2017 list
- It’s lucrative – Business Insider lists software engineer base pay at an average of $98,263. While that’s plenty to make individuals comfortable, Python, the language emphasized in Byte’s curriculum has the highest potential salary at $148,00 according to 2016 data from gooroo.io
- It has a sense of humor – The founder of Python, Guido Van Rossum, named the programming language after Monty Python, one of his favorite movies
- It’s sexy – according to Harvard Business Review, Data Science is the “sexiest job of the 21st century”
- It’s on top – data scientist topped Glassdoor’s list of “Top Jobs in 2017.” #2? DevOps Engineer #3? Data Engineer
Starting to get the love bug like us? Check out our courses and inquire more! Or, give the gift of coding education to a loved one.